Pages

Favorite Quotes  

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ever since he has created the blog, Ko Zay Yar always requests me to write something for our blog. He tells me this is our blog and I must also contribute something to this blog. Here, he doesn’t mean the translation part. He wishes me to write my own article.
As I am always busy with my classes, I don’t have much time to spend on writing for the blog. Also I feel like my brain has already run out of ideas. So I decided to share quotes I like best because it’s the simplest and easiest thing for me to do at the very moment. But I promise to write my own articles later when I have more time.
This time I like to share quotes on Education because this is the only matter that mostly occupies my mind at the moment.I wish not to explain why I like those quotes because I think it would be better to let the reader think on their own.
Here come my favorite quotes.
"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence."
Robert Frost

"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself."
Galileo Galilei (1564-1642) Italian physicist and astronomer.

"A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education he may steal the whole railroad."
Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919) American president

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."
Walter Bagehot (1826-77) English economist, political journalist, and critic. Physics and Politics, 1879.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
Oscar Wilde (1856-1900) Irish poet and dramatist. The Critic as Artist.

Peace be to you all.
Yu Me

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ Favorite Quotes

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster